Monday, March 15, 2010

Stepping into corporate world

I can't stop thanking God for giving me such a good accounting job. My first week was absolutely exciting. I am responsible in tax preparation for clients for the time being which I really enjoy it very much! It is heaps better than doing audit!!! I am very very grateful to be employed by this CPA firm. The partners, manager, accountants and admin staffs are very friendly and helpful! I love being part of the team members there and I have learnt a lot.

Thanks God for the blessings!

This is the timeline in getting myself a job as an accountant.

5 Dec 2009 - Officially graduated with masters.

23 Jan 2010 - Sent in my application to this CPA firm.

27 Jan 2010 - Received a call for the first interview

1 Feb 2010 - First interview

5 Feb 2010 - Got called in for second interview

8 Feb 2010 - Second interview

17 Feb 2010 - Being offered the job

9 March 2010 - First day of work!

Up until now, it has been a week since I've started my work. I've learnt how to prepare tax return, BAS, filing, and did some data entries. What's rewarding was, I got paid every week, and I received a positive comment from my senior. Yay! Thanks God.

I am going to work on tax return for 2 clients tomorrow with one of my colleagues. Hope I will do well! Be confident and have faith in God!

No comments: